After finishing up work on the autocomplete text field, I've spent the last few weeks trying to figure out what AJAX component to implement in Wicket next. Scriptaculous has some great demos of drag/drop and it definately has some cool use cases, so I think I'll delve into this area next.
I've already figured out how to drag images around using scriptaculous, but I have a feeling that handling the drop may be fairly difficult. My first stab at creating a DraggableImage is fairly simplistic, but it works for now. Once I figure out how to drop images onto an area, I'll come back to improve the DraggableImage. I've checked in this basic DraggableImage and a new example has been added to wicket-stuff to demonstrate its current functionality.