XWork is the extremely powerful action processing framework that serves as the foundation for popular projects like WebWork. I have recently started a new project SwingWork attempting to integrate XWork and Swing in a clean and consise way.
Currently supported features include:
- Action execution occurs in background thread.
- Several basic Swing containers can be used as results (JPanel, JDialog, JFrame).
- Progress bar during action execution that can be updated while action executes.
- Built in splash screen for launching applications.
- Demo application with full source code.
Action frameworks are really taking off, and I would love to hear feadback (or possible participation) from anyone interested!